Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Art of Knitting

Fabulous Finger Placement!

Gemma wants to learn to knit. Mainly because her friend Helen is taking lessons, so she wants to learn as well. Lucky for Gemma, and my pocketbook, I know some basic knitting techniques and can teach her myself. So we went to our Local Yarn Store, The Knit Cafe, and bought some Cotton yarn and wooden needles. We decided to make a scarf. I got the project started and knit a few rows, mainly so I could remind myself how to do it. Then Gemma got involved. I was able to teach her some hints in holding her needles. She caught on fairly quick. She has knit about 3 rows of 24 stitches. I am going to knit some as well, or else it will take her weeks to finish the scarf and probably lose interest. I will post a picture of Gemma modeling her scarf once we are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment