Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Can I really be a Happier Person?

Cleaning makes me happy. Organizing makes me happy. Shopping makes me happy. But can I be a Happier person? I sometimes wonder because I am a bit of a cynic. I don't want to make small chat with the Mom's waiting to pick up their kids from school. When I am at the park I would rather watch a movie on my iPod. I don't like loud kids. I don't like some kids for no reason. They just bug me. I like to gossip. I even get Gemma to tell me the goings on her class so I can be involved in the Grade 2 gossip. People I haven't even met bug me. I am happy creating by myself. When I am at work I avoid some customers because they bug me. I could never own a store where I had to be nice to everyone. Do I want to make the extra effort to be a happier person? I just don't think I necessarily have a happy disposition.

But don't get me wrong. I am a happy person, with friends. I do like people. I am just picky with who I want to be friends with. I am just questioning, do I have what it takes to be a 'Happier' person. The first step to be a happier person is having the energy, and I think that is what I am lacking. The energy to be a happier person. I guess the question is: Do I want to find the energy to be a happier person? Or do I want to stay the way I am? And is that a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment