Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Jewelry Project

My Jewelry Finds

A couple months ago we went to the Mall so Mark could get a Winter Coat for work. I wanted to do a few things myself so I thought he could buy a jacket without me. Well, I was wrong. He ended up with a Jacket from Le Chateau. I didn't even know that he knew that store existed. I was a little ticked at the time (okay, a lot ticked) because he could only get a credit note for the purchase and Le Chateau is not a store I shop at. Plus he had to spend more money to buy a proper coat!

So fast forward to this afternoon when I finally went into Le Chateau. I thought I would look at their jewelry to see if I could find something I could take apart to make my own designs with. And I have to tell you, I hit the jackpot. I got this fabulous necklace that had six necklaces in one! There is gold chains, gold chains with pearls and beads, pearls linked together, antiqued gold chains and fabulous charms - hearts, leaves, keys, cameo, and a pin!! The next necklace is eight necklaces in one! This time in silver and flat black metal links, plus rhinestones! The next necklace has nine large flowers linked together in silver. And the final necklace is an antique gold with 5 large charms! Mind you, these necklaces cost $150, but I had the credit note to spend, so at this point, it didn't cost me anything!

So my plan for sometime in the near future, is to take these necklaces apart and see what I can create with them! When I am successful, I will post pictures of my new creations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment