Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Happiness Project

I started a personal blog to talk about my life - only to never post. What does this say? Is my life that mundane. Do I do the same things day in and day out? I was at the bookstore a few weeks back and picked up The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. Although I do not blog day in and day out, I do consider myself a happy person. But the thought of being a Happier person intrigued me. How can I be happier in my day to day routine.

I finally started reading the book and she is outlining her month by month goals and challenges to becoming a Happier person. A lot (but not all) ring true. I think I can incorporate some of these ideas into my daily life. I am currently on the April Chapter. The problems I see is how do I not incorporate all of it at once. When I start a project I go full steam ahead. But like her I think I will start with organizing and exercise. I am constantly dealing with clutter and trying to find solutions. Well it is Spring and the perfect time to do Spring Cleaning - No Hold Bars!!! I need to set up a schedule to deal with each room of the house. The good news is that having a small home, I don't have that many rooms to deal with! I am thinking of starting in the kitchen!

Next is the exercising. I get on and off the band wagon too often. At least with the warmer weather I will be walking back and forth to bring Gemma to school. I will try to add some other exercise into my schedule as well.

So, I will see how things go. Maybe I will try blogging more. Now that Spring is here, maybe I will actually leave my house more. Winter and me just don't mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment