Monday, March 29, 2010

The Kitchen

The Kitchen

So I thought starting in the Kitchen, as part of my organizing for The Happiness Project, would be good because I no longer cook or bake that much. I thought there must be gadgets and dishes/bowls/serving plates that I could easily get rid of. But you know what - that is not the case. My bowls and serving dishes were picked from Artists and Shops that I really like. I can't see getting rid of them. I do see some of Gemma's plastic plates and bowls that I have no problem dumping. Plus cups picked up from restaurants. And I do have to go through my Baking Cupboard - I am sure there is expired products in there - does Flour and Sugar go bad? Maybe once I start at it, it won't be so bad. I was thinking of bringing some of my serving dishes to my Mom's. She loves storing things for me :) At least I can try to be apart from them and see if I miss them - even if they are really pretty.

As for the exercise. Gemma is learning to skip, and now that the weather is nice she is skipping after school. So I went out to give her some tips and sure enough, I can still skip - forward, backwards and fast! The Fast did work some of my arm muscles too. I didn't skip loads, but if I go out each night with her, maybe I can once again become a pro skipper. Actually, I was never a pro skipper, but it could be my new calling. I also walked Gemma to school and back, which in total is almost 3K. Every bit helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment