Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crafty Goodness in NYC!

A couple weeks ago I was in New York City!! I hadn't been there in about 16 years or more. When I did go it was in University, so I had different priorities. This trip was for Mark - who had never been and wanted to see the city, Gemma - who needed kid friendly activities and shopping, and Me - who needed a little bit of crafty inspiration! And I am going to share with you some of the inspiring stores!!

Kate's Paperie

While I was there I hit about 3 Kate's Paperie's! I love this store!! So many fabulous papers and embellishments!!

M&J Trimming

Then I went to M&J Trading! This is 2 stores filled with ribbon and embellishments!! So much beautiful goodness!!

M&J Trimming

I bought some ribbon here. But you could spend an hour here looking through everything. I had about 40 minutes, while I was waiting for another store to open.

M&J Trimming

Around the corner was Tinsel Trading! This is more of a vintage store with some amazing older ribbons and finding!

Tinsel Trading

Tinsel Trading

Tinsel Trading

I bought their book, some vintage twill ribbon, plus a vintage assorted pack.

Inside the Ink Pad

We also made it to the Ink Pad in the West Village. This store may be small, but it is jammed packed with stamps and inks! Small as it was, I was still able to easily spend $100.

Creating

And I even found some Crafty goodness for Gemma at the Children's Museum of Art in SoHo. For $10 a person, you child can go in to the Museum and create all day! There was painting, clay, dress up, puppets, plus activities with instructors. Gemma did Chalk drawing Stop Animation and helped build a piece of Rome.

Plus just being in NYC is inspiring!! Do you have any favorite Crafty stores you like to visit? How about in Chicago - I am going there this summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment