Friday, September 3, 2010

A Room With A View

View from my Hotel Window


I never really thought I needed a room with a view. For the last 8 years I have lived with a view of a building that is 20 feet from my window. But when I travel, I have a need for a view. I went to New York City, stayed in Times Square on the 18th floor and had a view of a building. I went to Chicago and had a room on the 23rd floor at a hotel on the river and had a view of the other side of the building through the court yard. So, the next time I went to Chicago, I paid extra for the Room with a View!

We stayed at the Congress Plaza Hotel, not the nicest hotel. It is old and shows its age, but I had a room with a view. Straight in front of me was Buckingham Fountain, with Lake Michigan behind it. Every hour on the hour the fountain would spray water way up into the air! I could sit there all day and gaze out my window. As I watched it I thought of many things, including new projects to work on! At night I would lie on the bed and watch the fountain. It made me think that a Room with a View is something I desire out of life. Will I get it? Probably not. I will continue to look at the uninspiring view of the yellow building. If I step outside, I do have a view of the CN Tower, but the side walk isn't a comfortable place to hang out. But I do know, from now on when I travel, I am looking for that view! It is worth the extra money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment